Sunday, October 9

Cake Balls 101: Part One

Cake Balls have become the new cupcakes, with an even bigger price! I am still in shock for a mere dozen you can be paying $13 or more! With my recent adventures in cake ball making I have come down to this equation:

Box Cake Mix $3 
Can Frosting $3
Eggs 20 cents
Canola Oil 10 cents
Coating Chocolate $4 (times 4 = $16)
Total $22.30 + Labor (Free if you do it yourself) 


I have found using a Melon Ball scoop, I can make 108+ cake balls with one box cake mix... drum roll please... approximately 20 cents each, so paying nearly 5 times as much is rip off, when you can do it all yourself. Thankfully, Paula Deen put together a mighty fine and quite delicious list of Cake Ball pairings! I have to warn you it takes time and on top of that it takes a lot of effort. Your first adventure in cake ball making might be difficult, but stay strong - you never know when someday someone will be paying you to make them cake balls! Over the next week I'll be adding pictures and steps to making cake balls at home.


Step One: Gather all of the ingredients


Left to Right: Chocolate Sprinkles, Chocolate Coating, Cake Mix, Canola Oil, Chocolate Frosting, Toothpicks, Eggs & Four-Pronged Fork. 
Left to Right: Disposable Gloves and Melon Ball Scoop


Happy Shopping!
Kady

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...