Tuesday, June 5

The Business of Thanks


Growing up my favorite thing was handwritten mail that I received from friends and family. I often wrote back and forth with many friends around the country. With the invention of "e-mail" I find less and less handwritten mail and more and more junk mail! To jump up on my soap box for just a second a handwritten thank you note is a must. If a great friend of mine with 1-year old twins always writes handwritten thank you cards which I treasure - I am truly amazed with her ability to really do it all! If she can do it, there is no reason I cannot! 

I reached out to Emily Post for her etiquette on thank you notes to share with you today.


The Business of Thanks

A thank-you should always be offered. The method of thanking can be a note, face-to-face, phone, or email.
First time meetings, especially at a lunch or dinner, usually call for a handwritten note, unless you know the person from an email culture. When in doubt, choose the note. A prompt, sincere, handwritten one is always appropriate and is greatly appreciated by the recipient. It's also good business. Be sure to check spelling and grammar. If your handwriting is illegible, a printed note on your business stationery is fine.
An emailed thank-you may be appropriate, depending on the circumstances, the person, and your relationship. Again, defer to the handwritten note if you're in doubt. 


Do you need help finding thank you cards? 
Here are some of my favorites and their sources:

minted.com
finestationery.com

paper-source.com


tinyprints.com

Happy Thanking,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...