Friday, June 22

Fashion Friday // Watch Out

Watch Out!!


I am in love with my current watch, an Orvis automatic watch with a blue face and brown leather straps. My favorite part is that the watch is automatic and does not need a battery - so cool! Some downsides to an automatic watch is if it is not moving it will stop working and for whatever reason my tends to move a little fast. 


I put together a collection of similar leather watches to "watch out" for out and about. What I found very interesting is all the watches all stopped at 10:10 - odd! After a little research this is what I found on the Internet. 

"Question: When you see an ad with a clock in it the hands are always positioned at 10:10?

Answer: We called Timex for your answer and it says the hands on the clock are placed at 
ten-ten because it's a creative standard industry.

Timex says the hands on the timepieces are place at ten-ten so the company logo on the
face will be framed and not blocked by the hands. 

Timex says the industry standard used to be eight-twenty but that looks too much like a frown and created an unhappy look. 

Timex says in its ads, the clock hands are placed at ten-nine and thirty-six seconds, 
exactly."


Happy Watching! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...