Wednesday, June 27

JKF Quote and Accents


During a preview of my lovely Roku (again, thank you J&J) to my Aunt and Uncle we watched The Lost Kennedy Home Movies. First off, what has happened to accents across America?! I find the accents of the Kennedy family incredibly intriguing... where do I sign up? As a Southern, I had quite the Southern accent until college when I was collided with the West Coast Chic and Humble Mid-Western Americans. This is where I would love to insert some funky, cool equation for what my accent has become since living in Texas. 

(Mid-Western Parents) + Southern Upbring = Southern Kady 

Southern Kady x (West Coast Chic/Humble Mid-Westerns) = Humble Southern Chic Kady (wishing for all the best of both worlds here!)

Humble Southern Chic Kady x Texas Twang = Humble Southern Chic Kady with a Twang

Haha... work with me here... just having some fun! 

Back to the Kennedy Family... the movie was fun to watch. The movie made me want to have more home videos - however - I do not expect mine to air on History Channel at anytime in the future. I want to end with this quote from John Fitzgerald Kennedy, because every time I read it I can hear his voice and now, picture the home videos from time spent at Cape Cod. 

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...