Monday, January 16

Triangle Quilt







Last fall the newest member of my extended family was welcomed to the world and from the minute I heard about his arrival I wanted to sew something up for him. I searched and searched through blogs and books and just could not make a final decision. Many many weeks later I found the posting on how to make a scrap fabric triangle quilt and within hours I was cutting triangles. I used my scraps from the bed caddy project to make the triangle quilt. In addition to the quilt I made a quick bow tie from the Prudent Baby site tutorial to add a little spunk to the finished project. Here are some pictures of my progress throughout the project. 





The fabric scraps I have from the bed caddy project.

The fabric all cut up into triangles.

The triangles all laid out - I wanted a pattern of sorts.

Another view of the triangles all laid out.

Sewing the triangles together - Action Shot! 

My camera battery died mid-project so this picture shows all the rows sewn together as well.

Pinning all three layers together to start the "quilting".

Finished Quilt!

Close Up! 

All folded up - ready for packaging.

A matching bow tie for fun.






Happy Sewing!
Kady

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...