Sunday, March 25

The Swoon Event

 
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending The Swoon Event at Southside Lamar here in Dallas. I attended the market with P's mom, her friend and the friend's daughter. P's mom's friend's daughter is recently engaged - so it was fun talking with all the vendors about an upcoming wedding! I would like to share my adventure and my fun finds! 


  

At the Vera Green booth she helped me make a DIY boutonnieres. I chose a lamb's ear and succulent and then combined it all with twine. I added a flower from another booth towards the end which made the world of a difference!


f. is for frank is a company that a friend of my co-owns. I LOVE their jewelry - very unique pieces that you are not able to find just anywhere. I bought the hickory earrings in gold to be my new everyday earring. 




My hungry stomach left this booth very satisfied. We had Shrimp & Grits and Key Lime, Strawberry and Red Velvet Cake! One of the owners is from Georgia - so I know this food is good! (I am originally from the great state of Georgia) In the future this catering company will be on my must have list for future events!



We had an amazing conversation with the owner of this company. She was a great vendor to talk with and I definitely want to give her my business! I prefer to support local businesses and she's local! I have been thinking about the Ikat type invitations since we left her booth. Looking forward to watching her work on her blog and purchasing some items from her Etsy shop


Calligraphy class has always been on my to do list. At the Oil and Cotton booth I was perusing their class list and I found a Calligraphy Class. As I talked about my interest in the class P's mom offered to attend the class with me! I cannot wait to sign and and go to the class with P's mom! 



I got COTTON CANDY at the swoon event from this great booth full of inspiration, Blue Eye Brown Eye! Their calligraphy was amazing and very inspirational! I loved all their Letterpress cards on the Etsy site.

Happy Browsing!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...