Friday, April 13

DIY: Covered Utensil Holders

Call me green, I like to reuse as much as possible! You will find jars galore in my kitchen awaiting the next project!! Along with jars - I fully clean and sanitize all can food cans after using them. In my office, I have cans labeled with all different types of supplies the children might need when we are working. For the baby shower, I wanted to redo some cans to hold the utensils. In order to go along with the pink and green theme, I took some scrapbook paper and attached it to the sides to spice the cans up... here's the tutorial: 

Materials:
Cleaned Can Food Cans
Double Sided Tape
Scrapbook Paper

  First: 
Clean cans and pinch top (sharp rim) with pliers in order to make sure it is no longer razor sharp.


 Second: 
Pick out matching paper - I ended up sticking with the pink/green and white polka dots. 


 Third:
Measure the width and length of the cans and add 1/2 inch to allow for folding the edges.  Cut the paper to the correct widths/lengths.


Fourth: 
After folding down 1/8 inch on the top and bottom use double sided tape to attach one of the paper to the can. Slowly attach the rest of the paper using double sided tape. I only attached it in two more places before folding over the end edge and taping. 

  
Fifth:
Sit back and enjoy your decorated cans!! 

 What other uses can you think of for these cans? Please share your comments below!

Happy DIY-ing,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...